Profile Database Access via MDSplus
Profile database data is accessible from `tokamak-profiledb.ccfe.ac.uk' via MDSplus, thanks to Tom
Fredian, Josh Stillerman and Martin Greenwald at MIT who have helped with setting up the server and in
converting the data.
We'd appreciate MDSplus users testing this new way to access Profile Database data.
Please Report any Problems, so we can fix them!
Documentation on MDSplus for Profile Database:
If you are new to MDSplus, then Tom Fredian's talk is probably the best place to start.
Example routines to Read/Write MDSplus trees:
NB you must first install MDSplus on your machine before running these!
- Simple IDL Example reading a few database items into an IDL program
- IDL procedure to read all profile database data from a given discharge into IDL structures (originally from Martin Greenwald)
- Fortran Example reading a few database items into a Fortran program, with the makefile to compile with the Absoft f77 compiler (originally from David Mikkelsen)
- MATLAB Example reading a few database items into a MATLAB program (from Frederic Imbeaux)
- IDL example to write an MDSplus tree on the tokamak-profiledb.ccfe.ac.uk MDSplus server (Malcolm Walters)
- TCL script to generate profile database model tree files (Josh Stillerman):
Please also feel free to contribute any additional examples which may be of general use!
MDSplus Server and Tree Names
If you want to get started, then the following information is crucial.
1 where tok= `aug', `cmod', `d3d', `ftu', `jet', `jt60u', `rtp', 't10', 'tftr', 'ts', 'txtr'
2 permission must be granted from the appropriate ITPA group.
3 only bona-fide data-providers will be granted write access int the database transit areas
Registration for MDSplus Access to Restricted Databases
MDSplus access to WDB and ITB databases is ONLY possible for registered IP addresses/usernames. PR98 is NOT subject to this restriction. To access the restricted databases (WDB, ITB) via MDSplus, you must register with us the following information:
To register simply email your registration details.
- the username, hostname, and IP address for the machine account from which you want MDSplus access to the profile database
- the particular database trees that you want to access: ie wdb or itb